Luxury-minded travelers will find upscale places to stay in Galax, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's live music, entertainment choices, and wineries. You'll find 30 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Hillsville.
Sightseeing and Staying in Galax
The city's cultural venues include Rex Theater and Blue Ridge Music Center. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Mt Vale Vineyards and Blue Ridge Country Club.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Galax. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Doctor's Inn Virginia - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and WiFi.
- Hampton Inn Galax - Our customers like the pool and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Rodeway Inn Galax - This 2-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and central location.
Dressing for Galax
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 57°F during the day and 19°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 79°F, while the average at night is 33°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 45°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 67°F and nighttime averages of 22°F
- Average annual rainfall for Galax is 1.54 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 79°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 22°F