Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelHistoric Wyndham seaside hotel on Galveston Island
Popular property highlights
Ever since this Galveston hotel opened in 1911, The Hotel Galvez has been known as the “Queen of the Gulf,” and rightfully so; she majestically rises from the beachfront to hold court over the Gulf of Mexico.
The Hotel Galvez & Spa, A Wyndham Grand Hotel blends Victorian elegance with fresh features, including a tropical pool with seasonal swim-up bar. An acclaimed restaurant overlooks the hotel grounds and the Gulf beyond.
Inspired by the hotel's heritage, the guestrooms offer a more modern feel with neutral colors, comfortable bedding, flat-screen televisions, and room service. Bathrooms sport Carerra marble tile and plush bathrobes.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
Hotel Galvez & Spa, A Wyndham Grand Hotel
Guests staying at The Hotel Galvez & Spa, A Wyndham Grand Hotel can enjoy lounging around the sun-drenched waters of the swimming pool with swim-up bar, private cabanas, and spa tub. The Spa at Hotel Galvez is 10,000 square feet and offers a full range of spa and salon services. The hotel also has a concierge, full service restaurant and weekly Sunday Brunch, 24-hour fitness facility, 24-hour business center, and complimentary wireless Internet access.
Guests enjoy membership privileges at the private Galveston Country Club's 18-hole championship golf course, 12 miles away. Guests can also take advantage of bicycle rentals at the hotel, as well as the complimentary wireless Internet access.
Valet and self parking are available for a surcharge. Long-term cruise parking is available for a weekly fee.
- Free cruise terminal shuttle
- Express check-in
- Fitness facilities
- Full-service spa
- 24-hour front desk
- Poolside bar
- Swim-up bar
- Business center
- Conference space
- Pool cabanas (surcharge)
- Year Built 1911
- Express check-out
- Meeting rooms 8
- Pool sun loungers
- Free WiFi
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Outdoor pool
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 423
- Spa services on site
- Long-term parking (surcharge)
- Luggage storage
- Hair salon
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour business center
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 4550
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Pool umbrellas
- Spa tub
- Total number of rooms - 224
- Number of floors - 8
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Outdoor pool
- Free Wi-Fi
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Long-term parking (surcharge), Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Premium TV channels
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free weekday newspaper
- Free bottled water
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Shower/tub combination
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- Pillowtop mattress
- iPod docking station
- Cable TV service
- Room service (limited hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Galvez Bar and Grill - open for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and weekend brunch. Located just off the lobby, the open, airy dining room provides expansive views of the beach and Gulf. Galvez Bar and Grill is famous for its Gulf Coast seafood, daily specials, and Sunday Champagne Brunch. Breakfast Now, a buffet featuring made-to-order omelets, is offered on weekend mornings.
Sample menu for Galvez Bar and Grill
Appetizers: Campechana, Bacon Wrapped Shrimp, Fried Calarmari
Main courses: Texas Size PoBoys, Market Fish from Galveston's Pier 19, Angus Filet, Angus Ribeye, Seafood Platter
Desserts: Bread Pudding, Buttermilk Pecan Pie, Peach Cobbler
Galvez Bar & Grill - Drinks served at a restored early-1900s mahogany bar. Piano player entertains guests Friday and Saturday evenings and during Sunday brunch.
Seaside Grill & Swim-up Bar - Seasonal light dining during warm weather at the tropical swimming pool. Guests can contact the hotel for hours/seasons of operation.
Nearby Things to Do
The tropical pool at the Hotel Galvez & Spa, A Wyndham Grand Hotel features a seasonal swim-up bar, poolside grill, and private cabanas.
Just across the boulevard begins a 30-mile ribbon of sun-drenched beaches, ideal for sunbathing, swimming, and sunset strolls. Guests can rent bicycles or take a horseback ride. Nearby are golf, tennis, boating, fishing charters, water skiing, and personal-watercraft rentals.
Guests enjoy membership privileges at the private Galveston Country Club's 18-hole championship golf course, 12 miles away. Hotel Galvez is just a trolley ride away from downtown Galveston, galleries, museums, shops, and the Strand Historic District.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body treatments
- Body wraps
- Facial treatments
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Ayurvedic treatments
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 20.00 per day.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 100 per accommodation, per stay
- 2 per room (up to 25 lb)
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 20 and USD 30 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: USD 8 per day
- Valet parking fee: USD 18.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 100 per accommodation, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20.00 per day
- Galvez Wyndham Grand
- Galvez Wyndham Grand Galveston
- Hotel Galvez Wyndham Grand Hotel
- Hotel Galvez Wyndham Grand Hotel Galveston
- Wyndham Galvez
- Galvez Hotel Galveston
- Hotel Galvez And Spa, a Wyndham Grand Hotel
- Hotel Galvez Wyndham Historic
- Wyndham Galveston
We should mention
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).
Awards & Affiliations
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.