Friendly staff was the best part of our stay.
Posted Oct 17, 2016
If you are just looking for a bed, shower and continental breakfast for a single night stay, the Red Roof Inn Galveston is great for the price. If you plan on spending a lot of time in your hotel room, or multiple nights, you might want to consider spending a little more for another hotel.
Let me start by saying the best part of our stay was the friendly staff. They were quick, friendly, and helpful. I don't have a single complaint about them. The condition of the hotel on the other hand...
We stayed in the same room for three nights, which allowed for the dilapidation of the hotel to show. You have to take into consideration that the hotel is right there on the seawall, so there is some expected wear and tear. Nothing stays new looking without considerable funding/work, which is why the cost of our rooms were so reasonable.
- Relatively Inexpensive
- Right on the seawall
- Very friendly/helpful staff
- Decent continental breakfast (I've seen better, but I've also seen a lot worse.)
- Kroger is literally next door (walking distance)
- Wear and tear beginning to show
- Double beds are not as comfortable as I hoped
- See an occasional small roach running around when you turn on lights