I am giving this location 4 stars, as an average between 5 star items, and 3 star items. Read the entire review and decide for yourself if this is the place for you.
5 star items:
1. Location. This property is located downtown Gatlinburg, albeit up a steep hill. It is on the same road as Anakeesta and the aquarium. However, there is a faster way to get downtown, via the stairs by the pool. This will take you to the street corner where the Ripley's museum is. It is a fairly easy walk down, a steep walk with about 4 sets of stairs to go back. Beats paying $20 for parking.
2. Cleanliness. The place was clean. No complaints there
3. The view from the balcony. Lovely view of one side of downtown from the balcony, another side from the parking lot.
4. The hot tub. There is a nice hot tub in the bedroom that we really enjoyed. More on that later.
5. For being only a kitchenette, it is fairly well equipped. There is a 2 burner cooktop, a full size fridge, drip coffee maker with filters (BYOC), toaster, microwave, and toaster oven, some cookware, dishware, serving, cooking, and eating utensils. Enough to make some simple meals should you desire.
6. The bed is comfy.
3 star items:
1. The place needs some TLC. Some of the popcorn ceiling (really, popcorn ceiling) is coming off in the bathroom. Some of the wallpaper is torn or coming off. There are large scratches in the paint in several places.
2. Some of the furniture is in rough shape. The back of one of the dining chairs has lost most of it's stuffing. Legs and such of some of the furniture looks worn and scratched.
3. It SERIOUSLY needs a decor update. It is decorated in an early 90s somewhat Victorian manner, with ugly wallpaper and wallpaper borders, no matching furniture, and fake plants throughout. Rip that wallpaper off the wall, and give everything a new coat of paint! Replace some of the furniture, wall hangings, and such to a more modern, cohesive, aesthetic. It would look so much fresher if it was redecorated.
4. There is almost NO storage. The bedroom closet is tiny; most of what it used to be is taken up by the hot tub. There were only 3 hangers in the closet, making it essentially useless, unless you bring your own hangers. The bottom of the closet is occupied by a vacuum, an ironing board, iron, and luggage rack, thus making it impossible to store any luggage there. The nightstand drawers had a decent amount of space. There is more storage in the bathroom than in the bedroom.