Visitors to Gaustad are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theme park, university setting, and bars. Gustav Vigeland Sculpture Park, Royal Palace, and Holmenkollen Ski Jump are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 204 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Oslo
- The closest major airport is in Oslo (OSL-Gardermoen), 21.6 mi (34.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Sandefjord (TRF-Torp), 55.4 mi (89.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Gaustad
A favorite place to visit in the city is Ris Church. In the area, you'll also find Gustav Vigeland Sculpture Park and Royal Palace.
As you plan your vacation to Gaustad, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 165 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Oslo is 2.7 mi (4.4 km) from the city's heart. This 4-star hotel in Oslo features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its proximity to the airport.
- Hotel Verdandi Oslo is located 2.4 mi (3.9 km) from the city center. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Oslo can enjoy access to free breakfast and a fitness center, along with free WiFi.
- Citybox Oslo is located within 2.7 mi (4.3 km) of the city center. This 3-star hotel in Oslo features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a 24-hour business center. Our customers like its overall value and central location.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Holmenkollen Ski Jump, 2.1 mi/3.3 km from the city center, and Karl Johan Street, which is 2.5 mi (4 km) away.
Getting Around Gaustad
Walk to nearby metro stations like Gaustadalleen Light Rail Station, Rikshospitalet Light Rail Station, and Gaustad Station. If you'd like to explore around the area, consider renting a car to take in more sights.
Dressing for Gaustad
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 44°F and the nighttime average to be 19°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 67°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September averages 72°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 53°F during the day and 22°F at night
- About 29.33 inches of rain falls on Gaustad each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 68°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 20°F