Families will find kid-friendly activities in Gaylord, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this quaint city can discover its golf courses, ski areas, and shopping.
- You'll find 117 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Grayling
- The closest major airport is in Pellston, MI (PLN-Pellston Regional), 38 mi (61.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Traverse City, MI (TVC-Cherry Capital), 48.5 mi (78.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Gaylord
The city's cultural venues include Otsego County Historical Museum and Call of the Wild Museum. Golfing, snowmobile riding, and skiing are top activities, while sights to visit include Marsh Ridge Golf Course, Gaylord Country Club, and Michaywe Pines Golf Course. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Gaylord's City Elk Park and Bavarian Falls Park.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 45 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Gaylord. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Gaylord - This 2.5-star property features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Gaylord - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- The Waters Inn - Amenities at this 2.5-star motel include free parking and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Dressing for Gaylord
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 45°F during the day and 8°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 78°F, while the average at night is 24°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 79°F with nighttime averages of 42°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 61°F and nighttime averages of 12°F
- Gaylord gets about 36.22 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 77°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 10°F