Find Hotels in Geneva City Centre
Great deals on hotels, cabins, vacation homes & more from $74
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Check Geneva City Centre hotel prices
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Mar 9, 2020
Where to stay in Geneva City Centre
4/5Very Good!(194 area reviews)
Known for its panoramic lake views and popular shops, there's plenty to explore in Downtown Geneva. Check out top attractions like Notre Dame Basilica and Brunswick Monument, and jump on the metro at Cornavin Tram Stop or Mole Tram Stop to see more of the city.
Geneva Old Town
4.5/5Wonderful!(42 area reviews)
Historic sites, lake views, and shopping are just a few things travelers like about Geneva Old Town. Sights like Chapel of the Maccabees and Saint-Pierre Cathedral are spots to explore, and you can get around the greater Geneva City Centre area at Molard Tram Stop.
4/5Very Good!(66 area reviews)
Noted for its shopping and lake views, there's plenty to explore in Les Eaux-Vives. Top attractions like Palazzo Geneva and Marionette Museum are major draws, and you can hop on the metro at Amandolier Tram Stop or Roches Tram Stop to see more of the city.
Rues Basses - Old Town
Shopping, lake views, and restaurants highlight some notable features of Rues Basses - Old Town. Make a stop by Flower Clock or Rue du Rhône while you're visiting, and jump aboard the metro at Molard Tram Stop or Rive Tram Stop to get around town.
While there might not be top attractions in Les Bastions, you can explore the larger area and discover places like Flower Clock and Jet d'Eau Fountain.
Visiting Geneva City Centre
History buffs will enjoy exploring Geneva City Centre, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, lakeside setting, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its museums, cafés, and local tours. Top sights in the city include Jet d'Eau Fountain, Saint-Pierre Cathedral, and Bourg-de-Four Square.
- There are 84 hotels and other accommodations in Geneva City Centre
- The closest major airport is in Geneva (GVA-Cointrin Intl.), 2.4 mi (3.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Geneva City Centre
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Cité du Temps, Barbier-Mueller Archeology Museum, and International Museum of the Reformation. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Jet d'Eau Fountain, Saint-Pierre Cathedral, and Bourg-de-Four Square. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and these places to visit: Rousseau Island, English Garden Park, and Anglais Garden.
In Geneva City Centre, you'll find 84 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel d'Allèves - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Saint-Gervais / des Grottes can enjoy access to parking and self-service laundry, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hotel d'Angleterre Geneva - Our customers like the helpful staff and proximity to shopping at this hotel. This 5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a bar.
- Floatinn - Amenities at this 3-star cruise ship include a rooftop terrace and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its comfortable beds.
Other top sights in Geneva City Centre include Reformation Wall Monument. Popular places to see in the area include Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, 0.9 mi/1.4 km from the city center, and Ariana Ceramics and Glass Museum, which is 1.2 mi/2 km away.
Getting Around Geneva City Centre
With so many choices for transportation, seeing all of Geneva City Centre is a breeze. You can walk to nearby metro stations including Cornavin Tram Stop, Mole Tram Stop, and Coutance Tram Stop. To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Geneva Station or Geneve-Secheron Station.
Dressing for Geneva City Centre
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 54°F during the day and 29°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 74°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 77°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 63°F and nighttime averages of 30°F
- Average annual rainfall for Geneva City Centre is 33.70 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 75°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 30°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Geneva City Centre?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Geneva City Centre, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Geneva City Centre?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Geneva City Centre?
Where is the best place to stay in Saint-Gervais / des Grottes?
What's a favorite place to stay in Geneva Old Town?
What's the best place to stay for families in Geneva City Centre?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic vacation to Geneva City Centre?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation in Geneva City Centre?
What's the best hotel to stay close to Centre International de Conferences Geneve?
What about the best place to stay near Botanical Gardens?
Recent reviews of Geneva City Centre hotels
More trip options
- Geneva City Centre Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Geneva City Centre Airports
- Hotels in Geneva City Centre Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Geneva City Centre Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Geneva City Centre
- More Hotel Options in Geneva City Centre
- More Popular Hotels in Geneva
- Other Hotels near Geneva City Centre, Geneva
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends