Visiting George Street
Visitors to George Street are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 88 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in St. John's, NL (YYT-St. John's Intl.), 3.9 mi (6.2 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in George Street
Places to visit in the larger region include Visitor Information Center City of St.John's, Mile One Centre, and Atlantic Place. In the area, you'll also find Anglican Cathedral of St. John the Baptist and Anglican Church of Canada.
As you plan your vacation to George Street, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 80 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Jag Boutique Hotel is located in the heart of George Street. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in St. John's can enjoy access to a restaurant and a 24-hour fitness center, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Delta Hotels by Marriott St. John's Conference Centre is located in central George Street. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in St. John's can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its dining options and pool.
- Homeport Apartment Hotel is located 2 mi (3.3 km) from the city center. This 4-star hotel in St. John's features free WiFi, free parking, and a fitness center. Our customers like its central location and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for George Street
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 37°F and the nighttime average to be 16°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 64°F during the day and 25°F at night
- July through September averages 68°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 55°F during the day and 20°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for George Street is 1.42 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 66°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 18°F