Get an overview of this hotel3.5-star Ghent hotel in Ghent City Centre, walk to Gravensteen Castle
Located in Ghent City Centre, this hotel is within a 5-minute walk of Korenmarkt Square and Gravensteen Castle. St. Michael's Bridge and St. Nicholas' Church are also within 5 minutes. Ghent-Dampoort Station is 21 minutes by foot.
Along with a bar/lounge, this smoke-free hotel has self parking and a meeting room. WiFi in public areas is free. Additionally, concierge services, dry cleaning, and a 24-hour front desk are onsite.
All 37 soundproofed rooms feature free WiFi and minibars. For a bit of entertainment, flat-screen TVs come with satellite channels, and guests will also appreciate thoughtful touches like espresso makers and bathrobes.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
1898 The Post
1898 The Post features tour/ticket assistance, concierge services, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Public areas are equipped with complimentary wireless Internet access. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. This Ghent hotel also offers dry cleaning/laundry services, room service (during limited hours), and express check-out. Onsite parking is available (surcharge).
1898 The Post is a smoke-free property.
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Luggage storage
- Offsite parking reservations required
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Total number of rooms - 37
- One meeting room
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Free newspapers in lobby
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Soundproofed rooms
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge), Offsite parking reservations required
- Towels provided
- Premium TV channels
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Free newspaper
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Soundproofed rooms
- Access via exterior corridors
- Free bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower only
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- In-room safe
- Electric kettle
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Number of bathrooms -
- Satellite TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Room service (limited hours)
- Individually decorated
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- In-room climate control (heating)
- Espresso maker
Where to Eat
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 7 AM and 10:30 AM.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
Start your morning with a buffet breakfast, available each day from 7 AM to 10:30 AM for a surcharge. Room service is available during limited hours.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for EUR 35.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Special cancellation policies or charges may apply for group reservations (more than 8 rooms for the same property / stay dates). Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Guests must contact this property in advance to reserve onsite parking. Guests with cars will only be able to reach the property if their license plate is registered by the hotel prior to arrival. Please contact the office using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking if you would like to drive up to the entrance or parking lot.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 3.0 per person, per night
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 25 for adults and EUR 12.5 for children (approximately)
- Self parking fee: EUR 20.00 per day
- Late check-out is available for a fee (subject to availability)
- Rollaway beds are available for an additional fee
- 1898 Post Hotel Ghent
- 1898 Post Hotel
- 1898 Post Ghent
- 1898 Post
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.