Visiting Giardini Naxos
Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Giardini Naxos, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cocktail bars, opera houses, and sightseeing tours. Around the area, top sights include Greek Theatre, Lido Mazzaro, and Cathedral of Acireale.
- You'll find 678 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Taormina Coast
- The closest major airport is in Catania (CTA-Fontanarossa), 26.8 mi (43.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Reggio di Calabria (REG-Strait of Messina), 27.2 mi (43.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Giardini Naxos
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Giardini Naxos Beach, Recanati Beach, and San Marco Beach. Additionally, you might want to add Archaeological Museum to your agenda.
In Giardini Naxos, you'll be able to select from 167 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Villa Daphne - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Hotel Palladio - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Bed & Breakfast Triskeles - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Greek Theatre, located 2.3 mi (3.8 km) from the city center, and Lido Mazzaro, which is 2.8 mi (4.6 km) away.
Getting Around Giardini Naxos
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Alcantara Station. Giardini Naxos may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Giardini Naxos
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 66°F during the day and 42°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 86°F, while the average at night is 46°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 90°F with nighttime averages of 60°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 80°F and nighttime averages of 43°F
- About 20.67 inches of rain falls on Giardini Naxos each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 42°F