Visiting Glen Canyon National Recreation Area
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Glen Canyon National Recreation Area, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting, local tours, and top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its cafés. Top sights in the city include Lake Powell and Bullfrog Marina.
- There are 92 hotels and other accommodations in Glen Canyon National Recreation Area
- The closest major airport is in Page, AZ (PGA-Page Municipal), 39.2 mi (63 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Glen Canyon National Recreation Area
The lakeside and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Lake Powell, Glen Canyon Dam, and Lone Rock Beach. Top activities include taking local tours and boating, while Bullfrog Marina, Antelope Point Marina, and Wahweap Marina are favorite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Lake Powell National Golf Course and Golliard Park.
In Glen Canyon National Recreation Area, there are 92 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hyatt Place Page Lake Powell - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and convenient parking.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Page - Lake Powell - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Page at Lake Powell - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and room size.
Dressing for Glen Canyon National Recreation Area
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 67°F during the day and 26°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 98°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 100°F with nighttime averages of 53°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 80°F and nighttime averages of 26°F
- About 5.12 inches of rain falls on Glen Canyon National Recreation Area each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 97°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 27°F