Don't go to the Station Hotel in Gloucester
Posted Jul 26, 2016 on Hotels
The 'Station Hotel' was little more than a pub. I won't be going there again unless I am desperate, in spite of its merits: it was very close to the station and city centre, it had an available room when no others were free on the dates I needed, the staff were friendly and it was clean. I had two bookings and cancelled the second for the following reasons:
- first and foremost my room would not lock, even after two attempts by the staff; I could lock myself in but not lock the door from the outside; this is not acceptable in a hotel under any circumstances;
- access to the bathroom was a safety issue - it was necessary to squeeze between a bed, a wardrobe and the bathroom door in order to get into the bathroom;
- a window panel had been propped up by the wardrobe, for no apparent reason;
- the room, which was on the second floor, was unbearably hot; a fan was provided but this had to be on all night and was noisy;
- the final straw was the awful loud, tuneless karaoke which went on until midnight.
The staff were friendly and helpful but I won't be going there again.