I have travelled the world, not only on holiday but within my career. Unfortunately for Hotel Santa Margherita Palace, this is the first review I have left with negative comments. Here are a FEW points why I rate this hotel as a ZERO….
• Parking charged at €25 per night despite having paid €310 per night
• Impossible to find a parking bay – very stressful after battling the city centre roads
• Dirty bathroom towels
• very rude and unprofessional staff with zero customer service skills
• Mini bar prices are outrageously expensive
• Cigarette dumps left in the bathroom
• hard rock mattress
• Worst check-in experience EVER
• If you do voice a problem the hotel staff do not want to know. They have your money and do not care about any issues you experience
• Stained bed sheets
• Breakfast was below average. Very limited selection with, stale cakes & pastries, mouldy cheese and the meats looked like they had been left lying in the sun for weeks
• No tea coffee making facility in the room
• Cheap flimsy pillows
• Poor air-conditioning
• Intermittent wifi
• Breakfast area is dark & dingy not inviting at all with dirty unhygienic tables
I am sad to say there are no positive for the hotel or the staff! The only positive for us is that we only booked one night stay at this appalling hotel. I will most certainly NOT be retuning or recommend this hotel to anyone! Santa Margherita Ligure is a magnificent place and has the most beautiful hotels with a lot more to offer than Hotel Santa.
Comment from Hotel Management
Feb 2, 2017 by Rino Vago - Hotel Manager , Hotel Management
I'm truly sorry to read your feedback. Could you kindly indicate the dates of your stay? I would like to check all the details and of course take measures about cleaning service, staff procedures and bahavious, breakfast ( which is normally a rich buffet with cold and hot drinks). We are focused on high quality service and always improve all of our services to make our guests' stay comfortable and, as much as possible, perfect.
Looking forward to reading your reply, I remain at your disposal.
Mr Rino Vago, Hotel Manager