Visitors can enjoy all that Gortyna has to offer including the museums and beaches. A top sight in the area is Palace of Knossos.
- There are 13 hotels and other accommodations in Gortyna
- The closest major airport is in Heraklion (HER-Nikos Kazantzakis), 22.7 mi (36.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Gortyna
Notable city landmarks like Koudoumas Monastery and Gortys might be worth a visit. The picturesque setting of Canyon Saint Sava and Trypiti Beach exemplify the city's natural beauty. Additionally, you might want to add Museum of Messara to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Gortyna. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Amazing Stone villa is located within 4.2 mi (6.8 km) of the city center. Guests who stay at this 3-star vacation home in Gortyna can enjoy access to a terrace and an in-room kitchen.
- Thalori is located 4.4 mi (7 km) from the city center. This 4-star aparthotel in Gortyna features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers love its dining options and overall value.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Palace of Knossos, located 19.3 mi (31.1 km) from the city center, and Heraklion Archaeological Museum, which is 22.2 mi (35.8 km) away.
Dressing for Gortyna
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 65°F and the nighttime average to be 48°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 52°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 65°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 50°F at night
- Gortyna gets about 0.83 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are February and March with an average of 48°F