Families will find kid-friendly activities in Granbury, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping, university setting, and entertainment choices. A top sight in the city is Lake Granbury.
- There are 84 hotels and other accommodations in Granbury
- The closest major airport is in Fort Worth, TX (FTW-Meacham Intl.), 36.3 mi (58.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Dallas, TX (DFW-Dallas-Fort Worth Intl.), 53.6 mi (86.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Granbury
Cultural venues in the city include Dinosaur World, Hood County Jail and Historical Museum, and Granbury's Railroad Depot Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Barnard's Mill. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and these places to visit: Lake Granbury, Granbury City Beach, and Dinosaur Valley State Park.
In Granbury, you'll find 84 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Granbury Gardens Bed And Break - This 2.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Iron Horse Inn - Our customers like the overall value and quiet location at this B&B. With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Inn On The River - This 3.5-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Hulen Mall, 27.7 mi/44.6 km from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Granbury
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 72°F during the day and 29°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 94°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 96°F with nighttime averages of 58°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 82°F and nighttime averages of 29°F
- Granbury gets about 33.81 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 95°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 32°F