Uncomfortable experience with unfriendly staff
Posted Jan 3, 2017
I traveled when the Winter Storm Europa damped more than 1 foot snow at that region. Multiple car crushes caused a complete road closure at Williams AZ (both I40EB and WB) from 3pm to 4am of next day (I have kept all DOT emergency broadcast/twitter to prove that Williams was impassable at that time).
1. I called several times around 5pm but no one pick-up the call. After settling down at 9pm, I called them again and finally reached them. However, they said they couldn't cancel it in a really bad attitude.
2. I tried to argue that this cancellation was caused by winter storm and even the Arizona DOT said Williams was inaccessible from both directions (Ash fork and Flagstaff). Guess what did he say? He said it was not him to cause this winter storm (literally his original word) and hung up!! OMG, do I cause the winter storm?
3. Moreover, he told me he had a arrived visitor already. While, with the proofs I had, he was either lying or asking us to risk our lives on some unpaved road with inches of snow!
4. Interestingly, I accidentally called the Travelodge@Flagstaff and their front desk told me they totally understood the situation and were able to help me cancel any reservation. Chain hotels have different policy? How could Travelodge@Williams be this different?
5. They charged my card in 2 days. Is this the only thing they can do?
All in all, I have seen how bad they can do in this disaster, I am totally speechless.