Visiting Grand Rapids
Visitors to Grand Rapids are sure to enjoy the coffeehouses and lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's architecture, forests, and museums.
- There are 51 hotels and other accommodations in Grand Rapids
- The closest major airport is in Hibbing, MN (HIB-Chisholm-Hibbing), 34.5 mi (55.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Grand Rapids
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and these places to visit: Pokegama Lake, Lake Winnibigoshish, and Chippewa National Forest. Fishing is a top activity, and Pokegama Golf Course is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Judy Garland Museum and Forest History Center.
In Grand Rapids, there are 51 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Sugar Lake Lodge - With a stay at this 3.5-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to a golf course and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and overall value.
- AmericInn by Wyndham Grand Rapids - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Grand Rapids, MN - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and convenient parking.
Dressing for Grand Rapids
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 46°F and the nighttime average to be -3°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 79°F during the day and 24°F at night
- July through September averages 81°F during the day and 39°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 61°F during the day and -1°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Grand Rapids is 28.94 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 1°F