***Be sure to check out our "Moroccan" wall tent at Vrbo 7725537 for an additional rental!*** Featured on King 5's "20 Unique Getaways in Washington State"!
Looking to escape the hustle and bustle of city life, celebrate a milestone or plan the ultimate get-away? Our beautifully decorated "glamorous camping" Safari tents are the perfect retreat for nature lovers, writers, or health enthusiasts alike. We invite up to four adult guests, two per tent to experience pure tranquility surrounded in nature. And Whidbey Island is just a ferry ride away from Seattle!
The tent is constructed on a raised platform, blanketed inside with intricate rugs for extra warmth and a plush queen-size bed with down comforters and luxurious bedding. Plenty of extra blankets and a small space heater to take the chill off. There is a small dining table with seating for two, along with an assortment of books and small games. Linens, towels, and robes are provided. This listing is for the “World Traveler”, decorated with pieces around the globe. There is a tall standing mirror and chaise for leisurely lounging. Please see our other listing for the “Moroccan” tent featuring colored-glass hanging lanterns and a Turkish floor couch. Outside each tent is a 5-foot covered deck with cozy seating. Indulge in a complimentary bottle of local wine and delicious chocolate truffles upon your arrival!
Enjoy a cool beverage at the no-host Tiki bar, stocked with glassware, blender, ice, cocktail tools and recipes. Alcohol is not provided so please BYOB. There are many yard games and board games available for use. An assortment of maps and guides are provided if you choose to check out local activities like island wineries, dining options, hiking trails or book a whale watching tour!
Come ready to cook! After spending the day visiting Whidbey's many seaside towns, and gathering up delicious dinner items, guests have access to a generous outdoor kitchen. Includes a Viking gas stove, BBQ, coffeemaker, hot water sink, and mini-fridge. Fully stocked with cookware, serving products, paper goods and spices. Enjoy your island foraged cuisine at the large teak table, under the covered pergola. Each morning the host provides coffee, tea, orange juice, and fresh organic eggs for guests to cook up and enjoy!
In the evening, relax by a crackling campfire (burn-ban permitting) and listen to the hooting owls calling through the trees. Not to worry if you are a novice to campfires, a fire can be started for you upon request. A small amount of firewood is provided each evening. Feel free to bring more or additional wood can be purchased for a nominal fee. Complimentary S'mores kits are provided for your enjoyment!
Please note - if the other tent is rented, the shared common spaces are: kitchen, Tiki bar, fire pit, pergola, restroom and outdoor shower.
The bathroom facility is an upscale, shabby-chic outhouse with solar-powered lighting, kept impeccably clean and stocked with necessities. Revitalize your body and mind in the outdoor shower oasis, complete with an LED rain-shower head. The maze-like entrance is fully wrapped in bamboo siding for ultimate privacy. Pamper your senses with fresh air and take in the sights and sounds of nature surrounding you. Towels, robes, shampoo, conditioner, and body soaps are provided, but bring along your flip-flops.
Interaction with guests -
We will greet you when you arrive, give a quick tour and then leave you to explore. During your stay, you may see us out watering the gardens or tending to the chickens. We will respect your privacy, but be available for any questions you might have. Two other like-minded adults may be renting the other tent.
Other things to note -
- Both guests must be 21 or older for this rental.
- There is a 2nd rental tent on the property, which may be available for your friends! If otherwise rented, you may be sharing the outdoor amenities with 2 other like-minded guests. Shared spaces include kitchen, fire pit, pergola, game tent and potty-ing shed.
- For respect of the other Glampers, we do not allow visitors. If you would like to rent both tents, we would allow up to 4 adult visitors (with host permission) until 10pm. Children and pets (even just visiting) are not permitted.
- The wall tent is an amazing tent! But you are still ultimately camping, so please come with Happy Camper expectations.
- The bathroom facility is a very clean upscale shabby-chic outhouse that we call the "Potty-ing Shed" (see photos #20&21). It has a sustainable rain-water sink, with solar powered outdoor lighting.
- The heated outdoor rain shower is amazing. Bring along some flip-flops!
- We do not provide alcohol at the Tiki-Bar. Just glasses / blender / ice so BYOB.
- Island temperatures can sometimes be 10 degrees cooler then Seattle, so please dress in layers and bring warmer clothes for evening time.
- A small amount of firewood is provided. Please bring more if you enjoy a long evening out by the fire.
- There is no TV. That's intentional.
- Sorry, we do not allow children, infants or pets. No exceptions.