Travelers to Greencastle will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 21 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Londonderry (LDY-City of Derry), 14.5 mi (23.3 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Greencastle
Places to visit in the larger region include Magilligan Point, Inishowen Head, and Kinnagoe Bay Beach. Additionally, you'll find Benone Tourist Complex and Mussenden Temple in the area.
As you plan for your vacation to Greencastle, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the heart of city, but you can choose from 21 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Redcastle Hotel, Golf & Spa is located 7.8 mi (12.6 km) from the heart of Greencastle. This 4-star hotel in Moville features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. Our customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
- Ballyliffin TownHouse Boutique Hotel is 17.8 mi (28.7 km) from central Greencastle. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Ballyliffin can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Moville Boutique Hostel is 3.9 mi (6.3 km) from the center of Greencastle. Guests who stay at this 3-star hostel in Moville can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with digital TV.
Dressing for Greencastle
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 47°F during the day and 38°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 59°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 60°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 55°F and nighttime averages of 40°F
- Greencastle gets about 1.38 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 59°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 38°F