Visitors to Greenport are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its festivals.
- There are 20 hotels and other accommodations in Greenport
- The closest major airport is in East Hampton, NY (HTO), 11.5 mi (18.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Fishers Island, NY (FID-Elizabeth Field), 20.1 mi (32.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Greenport
The city's cultural venues include East End Seaport Maritime Museum and Railroad Museum of Long Island. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Norman E. Klipp Marine Park and 67 Steps Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Camera Obscura and Greenport Carousel.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 20 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Greenport. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Gallery Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
- Cliffside Resort Condominiums - Our customers love the overall value and local sightseeing at this condo. With a stay at this 3-star condo, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- American Beech Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star inn, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and room size.
Getting Around Greenport
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Greenport Station. Greenport may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Greenport
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 54°F and the nighttime average to be 20°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 68°F during the day and 22°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Greenport is 51.10 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 22°F