Posted Jan 8, 2017
Checking in through a glass panel in what felt like a broom closet was my first clue. Cigarette burns on the quilt (sheets were fine) and dirt on the floor adjacent to the bathroom were next.
It being holiday season, I knew there would be partying, but I didn't realize the rooms would be drafty enough for me to individuate strains of marijuana and tobacco. The TV was a bit fuzzy, which was fine, since I only had it on as background noise, but the WiFi never could maintain a connection. I could connect 80% of the time, login 20% of the time, and only once got an IP for longer than two hours on any device. Ended up using my phone's hotspot to connect to work email.
In the morning after my first stay, housekeeping knocked relentlessly despite my saying I didn't need service. I went to the door and had to initial the lady's clipboard that I didn't need service. In fairness, the card they put on your bed says to call the front desk ahead of time if you don't need service, but I'd never dealt with any property that wouldn't just leave you alone with verbal confirmation.
At one point I went to the front desk because my room key had demagnetized. One of the ladies told me it was because I'd put it next to my keys. When I said I'd had it in my wallet, she said, "Oh, it's because there's magnets in your wallet." I didn't complain, and I certainly didn't need some ignorant mess about how my calfskin leather wallet has magnets in it.
Will not return.