Visitors can enjoy all that Gressoney-Saint-Jean has to offer including the ski areas, golf courses, and monuments. Top sights around the area include Bard Fortress and Matterhorn. In Gressoney-Saint-Jean, there are 14 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Gressoney-Saint-Jean
Favorite places to visit in the city include Gressoney Golf Club, Savoia Castle, and Weissmatten Ski Resort. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Gressoney Ski Area and Val d'Ayas.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Gressoney-Saint-Jean. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Villa Fridau is located in the heart of Gressoney-Saint-Jean. Guests who stay at this 4-star residence in Gressoney-Saint-Jean can enjoy access to the ski slopes and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Gran Baita Hotel Ristorante is located in central Gressoney-Saint-Jean. This 3-star hotel in Gressoney-Saint-Jean features a restaurant, free parking, and a fitness center.
- Hotel Flora Alpina is located 0.8 mi (1.3 km) from the city center. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Bieltschocke can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Bard Fortress, 12.5 mi/20.2 km from the heart of the city, and Matterhorn, which is 16.3 mi/26.2 km away.
Dressing for Gressoney-Saint-Jean
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 17°F and the nighttime average to be 8°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 35°F during the day and 10°F at night
- July through September averages 39°F during the day and 27°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 32°F during the day and 11°F at night
- Gressoney-Saint-Jean gets about 0.98 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 37°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 8°F