A Little Beat Up
Posted Jun 18, 2016 on Hotels
Only stayed at the hotel for about 4 hours to catch some sleep during a long drive. I understand that $55 is not much to spend for a hotel room these days but it should get you something. I don't care what colors the walls and linens are. I don't care if the furniture has been there since the 60's. I don't care if you get little soaps and lotions etc. But a room, regardless of the cost, needs to be clean!
1. The hotel is in great area with numerous other hotels, restuarants, shopping, convenience stores etc.
2. The front desk clerk was friendly and effecient.
4. The stairwells and the exterior hallways smelled of urine, were dirty and badly stained and somewhat dark. It only takes a power washer to take care of that once a month or so.
5. The carpet and bedspread also had numerous cigarette burns.
6. There was dirt/debris on the floor of the bathroom and on the towels on the shelf. It looked like remnants of a ceiling tile but there was not ceiling tiles it was all drywalled.
7. The exhaust fan had numerous dead bugs in the light cover.
8. The white towels were very thin, stained and "grey."
9. The beds were decent but just smelled so bad from smoke that my pajamas smell horrible the next day.
10. The tv stand, table, night statnd etc. were badly scratched up but I could really care less how worn or dated the furniture looks as long as its clean, usable and won't give you a pest infestation.