Posted Oct 29, 2011 on Orbitz
This was my second stay at this hotel, and I'd have to say the stay was better this time. NOTE: My ratings for this hotel is based on comparison to other hotels in China. If I had to rate it on the same basis as hotels in other industrialized countries, I'd probably give it 3 stars.
It's located in the older part of Guangzhou. If it was located in Tienhu, I would have given it a better rating on location.
1. There's a KFC and a Pizza Hut 2 doors down from the hotel.
2. There's a 7-11 across the street.
3. There's a Jesco opening up soon that's a couple of blocks away.
4. The Crowne Plaza hotel is probably a 5 minute walk.
5. There's a Star Bucks about 10 minutes away from the hotel. (across the street from the Garden Hotel).
Asides from the restaurant on the 45th floor, I didn't try out the other amenities the hotel offered.
1. The restaurant on the 45th floor has an unbeatable view of Guangzhou. The breakfast buffet they offer is one of the larger and better ones I've tried in China. I tried lunch buffet there, but it's not worth it for the price.
2. I used there laundry service twice and I had no complaints.
I'm not sure if the staff made a mistake, but they gave me a suite this time, and I would have to say it was a great room. The decor might not have been really contemporary, but it wasn't old by any means. They had 2 t.v.s in the room. The bed was large, and firm. The internet service (both wired and wireless) was relatively fast. There was a slight delay loading pages but I think that's because of the government censoring.
Just so-so. Checking in was relatively prompt, but checking out took like 15 minutes (no line, just me). Exchanging money took a long time too. But I'd have to say that the staff's English was above average for a Chinese hotel.