Visiting Haines City
Visitors to Haines City are sure to enjoy the golf courses. Tourists can also enjoy the city's lakeside setting, churches, and theme park. Top sights around the area include Legoland Florida, Chain of Lakes Park, and ChampionsGate Golf Club.
- You'll find 578 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lakeland - Winter Haven
- The closest major airport is in Kissimmee, FL (ISM-Kissimmee Gateway), 17.3 mi (27.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Orlando, FL (MCO-Orlando Intl.), 29.6 mi (47.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Haines City
Golfing is a top activity, and Southern Dunes Golf and Country Club is one place to visit. Additionally, in the area you'll find Legoland Florida and Chain of Lakes Park.
In Haines City, you'll be able to select from 457 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Balmoral Resort Florida - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and pool.
- Rodeway Inn And Suites - Our customers like the convenient parking and quiet location at this motel. With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Stay Plus Inn - This 2.5-star motel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include ChampionsGate Golf Club, located 11 mi (17.7 km) from the city center, and Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park, which is 17.1 mi/27.5 km away.
Dressing for Haines City
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 81°F and the nighttime average to be 51°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 92°F during the day and 60°F at night
- July through September averages 93°F during the day and 71°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 88°F during the day and 51°F at night
- Haines City gets about 51.18 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 92°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 53°F