Overpriced quite dirty old hotel
Posted May 16, 2016
Few pros (nice location, beautiful garden, nice onsen) but too many cons:
- Average food: Japanese dinner was kinda ok. Western one was not good at all. Dry meat, heavy hamburger, overcooked pasta, super dry and hard sushi/sashimi.
- Dirty rooms: moquette is yellow here and there. The plastic floor in the bathroom is brown and dust/mold between the bathroom tiles. For a 100USD/night is really not acceptable.
- Rude staff: visiting after golden week, the hotel was almost empty. Asking the staff to join two small tables (50 cm far away) to be able to eat side-by-side we received a rude "No" with the explanation that those were tables for 2 persons, not 4 (there were more than 20 tables empty and no guests)
- Strict arbitrary rules: you should absolutely not wear a yukata for the western buffet, or for the Japanese breakfast (but for dinner is allowed). They asked several guest to change their clothes.
- No English support, neither written or spoken by the staff. Zero.