Get an overview of this hotelOceanside retreat 40 minutes from San Francisco
Above the beach
Inspired by the grand seaside lodges of the 19th century, this resort is perched on a bluff overlooking two golf courses and a wild stretch of Pacific coastline, 3 miles (5 kilometers) from the town of Half Moon Bay.
Golf, tennis, spa
This seaside hotel offers spectacular ocean views, two championship golf courses, tennis courts, an acclaimed restaurant, a lavish spa, a children's program, and a health club with a lap pool.
In the spacious guestrooms and suites, beds are dressed with down duvets and Egyptian cotton linens. Marble baths offer separate showers and tubs, along with Ritz signature Asprey Bath Amenities.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay
The Half Moon Bay Spa features 16 treatment rooms, women's and men's lounges, saunas, an oceanfront spa tub, and a candlelit co-ed Roman Mineral Bath. Signature treatments include the Pumpkin Body Peel, the Calming Lavender Facial, and the Half Moon Bay Facial. Spa treatments should be booked in advance.
The Ritz-Kids program offers supervised full- and half-day activities for children ages 5–12 (surcharge; 24-hour advance reservations required) while parent's enjoy some time on their own.
The ocean-view Navio restaurant showcases fresh coastal cuisine. The Cork Wine Bar offers 5,000 bottles of international wines and has an ocean view.
Adirondack chairs around the property make it possible to relax and enjoy the ocean views from nearly every part of the Ritz-Carlton. At sundown, after the lone bagpiper makes his rounds, guests gather around the fire pit and toast s'mores (kits available in the hotel).
Grab a racket and hit any of the 6 tennis courts or workout in the hotel's 24-hour fitness facility.
Guests arriving to get some business done can make use of the hotel's 24-hour business center and any of the 9 meeting rooms.
Other amenities at this property include concierge services and luggage storage.
- 24-hour front desk
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Children's club (surcharge)
- Supervised childcare/activities (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 261
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Conference space
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Full-service spa
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Hair salon
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Number of floors - 6
- Meeting rooms 9
- Multilingual staff
- Luggage storage
- Conference space size (meters) - 1530
- 24-hour business center
- Outdoor tennis courts - 6
- Shopping on site
- Spa services on site
- Spa tub
- Indoor pool
- Wedding services
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free WiFi
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of meeting rooms - 9
- Golf course on site
- Year Built 2001
- Number of restaurants - 3
- Conference space size (feet) - 17000
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 4
- Steam room
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Pay movies
- Premium TV channels
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Free bottled water
- Free newspaper
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Iron/ironing board
- Designer toiletries
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Premium bedding
- Air conditioning
- Free local calls
- Coffee/tea maker
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Free toiletries
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Hair dryer
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Private bathroom
- Room service (24 hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Sofa bed size
- Rollaway/extra beds (free)
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- iPod docking station
- Satellite TV service
- Free WiFi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Down comforter
- LCD TV
Where to Eat
Navio - Boasting exceptional seafood dishes and a comfortable California-inspired design to combine the subtle flavors of the sea with fresh textures and light savory accompaniments in a room with ocean views from every window. For an especially romantic dining experience, guests can choose one of the curtained booths-for-two in the back room. Sunday brunch is a standing-room-only event.
The Conservatory - Seaside-lodge ambience, with hardwood floors, comfortable furnishings, large windows, and telescopes to view the ocean. Light fare and a full bar. Locally inspired cocktails.
Cork Wine Bar - Upscale wine bar that offers flights of wines as well as wine by the glass with 5,000 bottles of international wines.
Ocean Terrace - Alfresco dining and signature cocktails overlooking the Pacific Ocean.
Nearby Things to Do
There are 2 championship 18-hole golf courses on the property owned by Half Moon Bay Golf Links. The Ocean Course features traditional Scottish design and Pacific Ocean views from every hole. The parkland-style Old Course was designed by Francis Duane and Arnold Palmer in 1973, and redesigned by Arthur Hills in 1999. The resort also offers 6 lighted tennis courts and a health club with an indoor lap pool (both are included in the resort fee, with a surcharge for tennis pro services).
Additional activities at or near the resort include guided hikes, sea kayaking, horseback riding, bicycling, whale-watching, and deep-sea fishing (fees may apply).
The recreational activities listed below are available either onsite or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Windsurfing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Golf lessons on site
- Golfing on site
- Hiking/biking trails on site
- Pilates classes on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
Perched atop a scenic bluff with ocean views, the Half Moon Bay Spa at Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay offers facial and body treatments. A sauna, steam room, and spa tub provide additional relaxation options.
- Steam room in spa
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 18 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Free rollaway/extra beds!
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 150 per pet, per stay
- Dogs only
- Specific rooms only
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Resort fee: USD 35.00 per accommodation, per night
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 32 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 47 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 150 per pet, per stay
- Half Moon Bay Ritz-Carlton
- Ritz-Carlton Half Moon Bay
- Ritz-Carlton Hotel Half Moon Bay
- Ritz-Carlton Half Moon Bay Hotel
- Ritz Half Moon Bay
- Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay
- The Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay Hotel Half Moon Bay
- Half Moon Bay Ritz Carlton
We should mention
Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. This property allows pets in specific rooms only (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can request one of these rooms by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay is listed in the 2015 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay.