Get an overview of this hotelViews from the rooftop in well-situated hostel
15 minutes to the harbor
A&O Hamburg City is a 15-minute walk from Hauptbahnhof (central station) and 5 minutes from the nearest S-Bahn stop, Hauptbahnhof. The shops of Moenckebergstrasse are a 12-minute train ride, the harbor 15 minutes.
Views from the rooftop
One of the hostel's most popular features is its rooftop terrace, which commands sweeping views of Hamburg. After a day's sightseeing, guests can kick back with a game of billiards and swap stories with other travelers in the cool hotel bar. There’s also a TV in the lounge and a play area for kids.
Free WiFi and a desk
The hostel offers a range of single, double, and family rooms, as well as dorms with bunk beds. Each room includes free WiFi, so guests can stay connected with friends and family, plus a desk, hair dryer, TV, and a private bathroom.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
A&O Hamburg City
The hostel offers a snack bar/deli. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Public areas are equipped with complimentary WiFi. This Hamburg hostel also offers a rooftop terrace, a library, and tour/ticket assistance.
A&O Hamburg City is a smoke-free property.
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 274
- Number of floors - 7
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Conference space
- Express check-out
- Billiards or pool table
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free WiFi
- Multilingual staff
- Rooftop terrace
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Snack bar/deli
- Year Built 2012
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Television in common areas
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Snack bar/deli
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
- Premium TV channels
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower only
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Free WiFi
- Free cribs/infant beds
Where to Eat
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6 AM and 10 AM.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals on site
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-out time is 10 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of EUR 5 per pet, per night
- Dogs only
- 1 per room (up to 15 kg)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
No rollaway/extra beds available
- A city tax is imposed by the city of Hamburg. Business travelers with proof of business-related travel are exempt from this tax. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- Towels/sheets: EUR 5 per person, per stay
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 7 for adults and EUR 3.50 for children (approximately)
- Pet fee: EUR 5 per pet, per night
- Early check-in fee: EUR 7.50
- Late check-out fee: EUR 10.00
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- A&O Hamburg City
- A&O Hostel
- A&O Hostel Hamburg City
- Hamburg City A&O
- A&O Hamburg City Hostel
- A O Hamburg City Hostel
- A O Hamburg City
We should mention
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Set meals are served in guestrooms only (no menus or public dining).