Visitors can enjoy all that Hamburg has to offer including the golf courses, waterfalls, and seafood restaurants. The scenic and relaxing setting also entices those visiting the city.
- There are 105 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Caldwell, NJ (CDW-Essex County), 24.7 mi (39.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Morristown, NJ (MMU-Morristown Municipal), 26 mi (41.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hamburg
Places to visit in the larger region include Franklin Mineral Museum, Granite Peak Quad, and Mountain Creek Waterpark. You'll also find Mountain Creek Ski Resort and Sterling Hill Mining Museum in the area.
As you plan your vacation to Hamburg, the best accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 34 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chester is 1.5 mi (2.5 km) from central Hamburg. This 4-star resort in Hamburg features a water park, an outdoor pool, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its clean rooms and location.
- Extended Stay America Mt. Olive - Budd Lake is located 20.7 mi (33.4 km) from the heart of Hamburg. This 2.5-star hotel in Chester features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and proximity to shopping.
- Sleep Inn & Suites Middletown - Goshen is 19.7 mi (31.8 km) from the center of Hamburg. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Budd Lake can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and clean rooms.
Dressing for Hamburg
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 15°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 67°F during the day and 17°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Hamburg is 47.87 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 17°F