Posted Jul 11, 2016 on Hotels
Apparently this hotel used to be great, not anymore. Our stay was below average.
1. Check-in took some time as it there was only one clerk handling it. Questioned my hotels.com reservation and asked that they verify payment despite it's clearly stated on the printout PAID in full.
3. The room was far from clean. sheets were stained with blood, floor was not mopped, and a spider on the wall. Apparently they didn't have enough staff to clean . The lady in charge was overwhelmed, but did all what she can to accomodate us, THANK YOU LEILA !
5. The beach front sand was not clean, as they didn't have time to clean it.
6. The pool was nice and ok. however got crowded over the weekend with locals and start changing color.
7. The restaurent by the beach was bad. First, it's packed, took 1h.30min to get a tastless and extrememtly overpriced Pizza. never go there, get your food somewhere else
9. Food is bad, not even one kind of cheese in the dinner. Every thing else is just basic very average stuff.
I was definitely mislead by the reviews on hotels which showed 4.5/5. this hotel should not be more than 2/5 and it's definitely not a 4 star hotel, more of low end of 3 stars. For a day or 2, maybe you can consider it, but 3 days + family, no way !
The hotel should NEVER have reopened under these conditions. it should remain close until they get it in order so people can enjoy the service for the money they're going to spend.