Not the Banyan Tree I know of...
Posted Jun 8, 2015 on Hotels
If you're expecting a stay here like any other Banyan Tree you've been to, ie serenity, sanctuary etc, you'll probably be disappointed at the Hangzhou property.
1) we were astonished to see a lobby with more than 30 guests hanging around (they didn't seem to be checking out or in but we're just there to sight see); not to mention a clown who was doing balloon twisting seemingly to entertain the crowd.
2) we arrived at 3pm yet the room wasn't ready until 4pm.
3) the guy who escorted us to the room didn't bother to introduce the room at all
4) the concierge was very helpful to help us arrange our itinerary, although he didn't call or leave us message about whether the bookings were confirmed until we sought him out the next day before departure
5) turn down service was done the 1st night but just to do our bed without cleaning up our used tea cups & plates; 2nd night no turndown service at all
6) food - really I must say it's substandard.
7) We were very unlucky to be staying there when there was a water gun party at the hotel, and throughout the whole day loud pop music appealed to teenagers were played nonstop, rocking the whole resort.
In short, if you are not expecting to have a zen, quiet type of holiday in Hangzhou, you can consider Banyan Tree. Yet, for a much cheaper rate also within the wetland park area, why not just stay at Sheraton which is only throwing distance from BT?