Visitors to Hanover are sure to enjoy the university setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's opera houses, entertainment choices, and live music.
- You'll find 16 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lebanon
- The closest major airport is in Lebanon, NH (LEB-Lebanon Municipal), 5.4 mi (8.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Springfield, VT (VSF-Hartness State), 27.4 mi (44.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hanover
The city's cultural venues include Hopkins Center for the Arts and Hood Museum of Art. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Dartmouth College is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Baker-Berry Library and Leede Arena.
Below is a top rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hanover Inn Dartmouth - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a 24-hour fitness center, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
Dressing for Hanover
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 50°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 8°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 28°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 66°F as the daytime average and 11°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Hanover is 37.95 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 11°F