Upon check in, nobody was at the desk, and a sign was posted saying they were on a shuttle run or at another room. When I called, a man answered and said he was there, but they leave the sign up regardless. I have severe respiratory reactions to cigarette smoke, so I specified a Non-smoking room. The first room reeked of smoke and mildew. I asked for a different room, and it was worse than the first. So a third room was tried, and I couldn’t even walk through the doorway, the stench was so bad. We went back to the first room and I sprayed Febreeze light everywhere. It helped for a short time, but I had to keep spraying. Neither of us slept that night, between the awful smell, and the air conditioner housing that constantly rattled. By morning, my eyes were sore, my throat was burning and scratchy, my chest and lungs hurt, I was coughing, and had a killer, sinus headache. We checked out early and went to another hotel down the road.
In addition to the horrendous rooms, the hallways looked as though they hadn’t been vacuumed in over a week and there was trash, to include a ladies razor blade that was in the parking lot.
This was the first time at a Res Roof Inn and it will be our last. This hotel was the worst we have stayed at in over 30 years of traveling.