Those traveling to Haut-Valromey are sure to enjoy the sights to see and things to do. A top sight in the area is Montrottier Castle.
- There are 140 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Geneva (GVA-Cointrin Intl.), 23.8 mi (38.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chambery (CMF-Chambery - Savoie), 29.8 mi (48 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Haut-Valromey
Montrottier Castle is a notable place to visit in the region. In the area, you'll also find Chapelle de Mazieres and Casino d'Hauteville Lompnes.
As you plan your vacation to Haut-Valromey, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 10 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Hôtel balladins Annecy / Cran-Gévrier is 22.4 mi (36 km) from the center of Haut-Valromey. This 3-star hotel in Annecy features free WiFi, a snack bar/deli, and parking.
- Best Hotel Annecy is located 22.2 mi (35.8 km) from the heart of Haut-Valromey. This 3-star hotel in Annecy features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- Best Western Park Hotel Geneve-Thoiry is 20.2 mi (32.6 km) from central Haut-Valromey. This 4-star residence in Thoiry features free WiFi, free parking, and a 24-hour fitness center. Our customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
One of the popular sights outside the city is Abbaye d'Hautecombe, 21.6 mi/34.8 km from the city center.
Dressing for Haut-Valromey
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 27°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 72°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September averages 75°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 60°F during the day and 28°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Haut-Valromey is 1.18 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 73°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 28°F