Get an overview of this hotelBayfront resort with golf course in Hilo, Hawaii
Popular property highlights
On Hilo Bay
Grand Naniloa Hotel is on the beautiful Hilo Bay at the point of the Waiakea Peninsula. Downtown Hilo is 1 mile away and Hawaii Volcanoes National Park is 25 miles away. Parking is complimentary.
Golf, oceanside pool
Grand Naniloa Hotel hugs Hilo Bay, where guests can snorkel with sea turtles and tropical fish. Guests have access to an oceanside pool and sundeck. Also featured is a nine-hole golf course where all guests are offered a free round of golf for each registered guest everyday of their stay. Parking is complimentary.
Guestrooms at Grand Naniloa Hotel have island décor, compact refrigerators, 48-inch LCD TVs, complimentary WiFi as well as views of Hilo Bay, Hamakua Coast or Hilo Harbor.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Grand Naniloa Hotel Hilo - a Doubletree by Hilton
Located on historic Banyan Drive, close to downtown Hilo, Grand Naniloa Hotel features a 9-hole golf course amid tall, tropical trees, and an oceanfront dip pool.
Complimentary wireless Internet access is available in the lobby, as well as a complimentary computer terminal.
Exhibit space and conference facilities are available on site, in addition to wedding services and banquet facilities.
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Total number of rooms - 265
- Number of floors - 9
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Computer station
- Designated smoking areas
- Luggage storage
- One meeting room
- Free self parking
- Conference space size (meters) - 1022
- Golf course on site
- Year Built 1960
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- Conference space size (feet) - 11,000
- Outdoor pool
- Wedding services
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Outdoor pool
- Free Wi-Fi
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Free self parking
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room safe
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- Room service (limited hours)
- LCD TV
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Hilo offers numerous dining choices within walking distance of the hotel.
Grand Naniloa Hotel offers island styled cuisine. Our chef highlights local flavors and farm-fresh cuisine by using locally sourced produce selected from the Hilo Farmer’s Market and beef from the Big Island’s Kahua Ranch.
Our salad bar is offered every night alongside a soup of the day. Themed nights include a Chinese influenced buffet, Hilo Plantation Evening buffet, bbq, and pasta. Our dessert table includes delights like lilikoi bars, bread pudding, chocolate profiteroles and island-made ice cream.
Nearby Things to Do
Resort amenities include complimentary golf on Hilo’s only 9-hole course and driving range adjacent to the hotel, restaurant buffet, lobby bar, bayside wedding gazebo, meeting space, a state of the art fitness center, and special monthly local entertainment in the hotel’s exclusive concert hall. We also have keiki programs where children can embrace the art of hula, take dance lessons and participate in contests.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Fishing on site
- Golf driving range on site
- Golfing on site
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 12 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 30 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available.
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- In-room microwave fee: USD 5.00 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 30 per night
- Hilo Naniloa
- Grand Naniloa Hotel Hilo
- Hotel Naniloa
- Hotel Naniloa Hilo
- Naniloa Hilo
- Naniloa Hilo Hotel
- Naniloa Hotel
- Naniloa Hotel Hilo
- Hawaii Naniloa Hotel Hilo
- Hi Naniloa Hotel Hilo
- Hilo Naniloa Hotel Hawaii
- Naniloa Volcanoes Hilo
- Naniloa Volcanoes Hotel Hilo
- Grand Naniloa Hilo
- Grand Naniloa
- Grand Naniloa Hotel Hilo Doubletree Hilton
- Grand Naniloa Hotel Doubletree Hilton
- Grand Naniloa Hilo Doubletree Hilton
- Grand Naniloa Doubletree Hilton
- Grand Naniloa Hotel Hilo - a DoubleTree By Hilton Hawaii
- Hilo Naniloa Hotel
- Grand Naniloa Hotel Hilo a Doubletree by Hilton
- Grand Naniloa Hotel
We should mention
Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Free Golf Promotion
Book a stay in any room and rate category and receive a free round of golf daily at the onsite golf course.
Full details at check-in. Offer subject to availability. Other restrictions and blackout dates may apply.