Get an overview of this hotelBayside hotel with full-service spa and restaurant
Popular property highlights
Situated by the ocean, this spa hotel is within 2 mi (3 km) of Kamehameha Park, Kenjis House, and King Kamehameha Statue. Kamehameha Statue and Big Island Eco Adventures 2 are also within 3 mi (5 km).
A full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool are available at this smoke-free hotel. Free WiFi in public areas and free self parking are also provided. Additionally, a 24-hour fitness center, a spa tub, and a rooftop terrace are onsite.
This hotel has 16 rooms.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
Hawaii Island Retreat
The hotel offers a restaurant. Wireless Internet access is complimentary. In addition to a full-service spa, Hawaii Island Retreat features an outdoor pool and a spa tub. Event facilities measuring 1200 square feet (111 square meters) include conference space. This Victorian hotel also offers a 24-hour fitness center, a rooftop terrace, and spa services. Concierge services and wedding services can be provided. Onsite self parking is complimentary.
Hawaii Island Retreat is a smoke-free property.
- Free use of nearby fitness center
- Picnic area
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Rooftop terrace
- Full-service spa
- 24-hour front desk
- Conference space
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms 3
- Year Built 2009
- Free self parking
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Pool sun loungers
- Free WiFi
- Outdoor pool
- Smoke-free property
- Supervised childcare/activities (surcharge)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 111
- Spa services on site
- Free long-term parking
- Luggage storage
- Free RV, bus, truck parking
- Supervised childcare/activities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 1200
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Pool umbrellas
- Laundry facilities
- Beach towels
- Spa tub
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Total number of rooms - 16
- Number of floors - 3
- Number of buildings/towers - 4
- Wedding services
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Fireplace in lobby
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free long-term parking, Free self parking, Free RV, bus, truck parking
- Free toiletries
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Full breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 8:30 AM and 9:30 AM.
Ula Ula Dining Room - Overlooking the garden, this restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Reservations are required.
Nearby Things to Do
An outdoor pool and a spa tub are on site. Other recreational amenities include a 24-hour fitness center.
Children under 16 years old are not allowed in the swimming pool, fitness facility, or spa tub without adult supervision. Guests under 16 years old are not allowed in the fitness facility.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Pilates classes on site
- Ecotours on site
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Hiking/biking trails on site
- Mountain biking nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
Maluhia Spa has 5 treatment rooms including rooms for couples and outdoor treatment areas. Services include massages, facials, body wraps, and body scrubs. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy and Ayurvedic. The spa is equipped with a spa tub.
Children under 16 years old are not allowed in the spa without adult supervision.
- Spa tub in spa
- Number of treatment rooms 5
- Outdoor treatment areas
- Couples treatment rooms
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Ayurvedic treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 5 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available.
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- Resort fee: USD 25 per accommodation, per stay
- Fee for full breakfast: USD 25 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 120 per vehicle (one way)
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for an additional fee
- Rollaway beds are available for an additional fee
- Hawaii Island Retreat Ahu Pohaku Ho'omaluhia
- Hawaii Island Retreat Ahu Pohaku Ho'omaluhia Hotel
- Hawaii Island Retreat Ahu Pohaku Ho'omaluhia Hotel Kapaau
- Hawaii Island Retreat Ahu Pohaku Ho'omaluhia Kapaau
- Hawaii Island Retreat Hotel Kapaau
- Hawaii Island Retreat Hotel
- Hawaii Island Retreat Kapaau
- Hawaii Island Retreat
- Hawaii Island Retreat At Ahu Pohaku Ho`Omaluhia Hotel Kapaau
- Hawaii Island Retreat At Ahu Pohaku Ho`Omaluhia Kapaau
We should mention
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 5 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.