Condition Of Room
Posted Dec 19, 2016
The room, itself, was very clean. However, the dryer vent was totally FULL OF LINT!! - a real fire hazard! The removable vent had been cleaned, but where that vent filter goes was HORRIBLY caked with lint. My husband used his pocket knife to remove the screws and we were able to clean it out as best we could. The lint was about 1/2" thick through the entire area; just awful, and we really don't know why the dryer even continued to operate. As said above, a terrible fire hazard!!
Our major dissatisfaction, though, was in the condition of the two showers. They are in extremely bad condition, with black mold everywhere! A thorough cleaning with a chlorine product would take care of the mold, we feel sure, and it was really creepy to use the showers. We left the doors open afterwards, so there would be airflow into them when wet. If one looks up at the top of the shower, you can see the grey grout - from when the tile was originally installed. Again, they need a thorough cleaning with a chlorine product! We feel that they have been neglected for a very long time. Also, the drain cover in the master bathroom is not screwed down, and it came up while Mrs. Austen was showering and inflicted a blood blister on her big toe. Seems unreasonable that the cover had not been screwed down.......