Get an overview of this hotelNeo-classical luxury hotel in the heart of Helsinki
Opposite the park
Built in 1887 and still renowned for its superior service, this landmark neo-classical hotel stands in the heart of Helsinki across from Esplanade Park and 100 metres from the cathedral.
The hotel features a Japanese restaurant, a brasserie, and a lounge with park views.
The 179 guestrooms at Hotel Kamp include marble bathrooms with heated floors, air conditioning, minibars, free WiFi, and satellite television.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Guests at Hotel Kamp can start the day with a buffet breakfast available for a surcharge. There are three restaurants onsite, each with its own special cuisine and ambiance. Afternoon tea and pre-dinner drinks can be enjoyed in the bar and library.
Guests can take advantage of butler, porter and bellhop services, and can contact the concierge desk for information on the local area. WiFi is free in public areas of the hotel, and there is onsite meeting rooms and a computer station. Those with cars can take advantage of valet parking, and a limousine service is available. There is a gift shop on site and practical amenities include currency exchange, laundry services and 24-hour front desk.
- 24-hour front desk
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 179
- Number of floors - 8
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Year Built 1887
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Health club
- Free WiFi
- Computer station
- Business center
- Luggage storage
- Laundry facilities
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Meeting rooms 10
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Number of meeting rooms - 5
- Steam room
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Free bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Satellite TV service
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Free WiFi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- In-room massage available
- Free newspaper
- Room service (24 hours)
- Down comforter
- Pillow menu
- LCD TV
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Brasserie Kämp - Regional and international cuisine. Popular bar. Sunday brunch. Brasserie open daily, mid-day till late evening; bar open late morning till late evening.
Kämp Signé - Modern, fine-dining restaurant showcasing Finnish specialties. Focus on fresh Scandinavian seafood prepared with local wild herbs. Freshly baked spelt breads. European wines from artisan producers. View of Esplanade.
Yume - Japanese cuisine. Sushi, sashimi, tempura, and much more. Small plates for sharing. Seven-course omakase menu. Extensive sake list.
Kämp Upper Lounge - With Esplanade Park views, guests can sink into a comfortable chair and enjoy espresso drinks, teas, classic cocktails, aperitifs, and an extensive selection of fine wines by the glass. Private dining services are available.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 3 children 12 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for EUR 60 per night.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of EUR 35 per accommodation, per day
- Up to 10 kg
- Specific rooms only, restrictions apply
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 32 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: EUR 45.00 per day
- Pet fee: EUR 35 per accommodation, per day
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 60 per night
- Hotel Kamp
- Hotel Kamp Helsinki
- Kamp Helsinki
- Kamp Hotel
- Kamp Hotel Helsinki
We should mention
Up to 3 children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property allows pets in smoking rooms only and has other pet restrictions (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of the Leading Hotels of the World.