Visiting Highland Hills
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Highland Hills, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city attracts tourists with its coffeehouses and university setting. Brookfield Zoo, Toyota Park, and Chicago Premium Outlets are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodations in Highland Hills
- The closest major airport is in Chicago, IL (ORD-O'Hare Intl.), 9.9 mi (16 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chicago, IL (DPA-Dupage), 13.5 mi (21.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Highland Hills
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Brookfield Zoo, Toyota Park, and Chicago Premium Outlets. Additionally, you'll find Yorktown Shopping Center and Lilacia Park in the area.
Here's a top rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Sonesta ES Suites Chicago - Lombard - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
Dressing for Highland Hills
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 16°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 68°F during the day and 17°F at night
- Highland Hills gets about 36.89 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 19°F