Visiting Historic Kailua Village
Travelers to Historic Kailua Village give high marks for the seaside, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its walkable location. Around the area, top sights include Pu'uhonua o Honaunau National Historical Park, Hulihee Palace, and Captain Cook Monument.
- There are 162 hotels and other accommodations in Historic Kailua Village
- The closest major airport is in Kailua-Kona, HI (KOA-Kona Intl.), 7.4 mi (11.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Historic Kailua Village
Snorkeling is just one of the top activities, while Kailua-Kona Wharf and Swing Zone are sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Hulihee Palace and Mokuaikaua Church.
In Historic Kailua Village, you'll find 162 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kailua-Kona - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its local sightseeing and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Kona Reef, A Raintree Vacation Club Resort - Our customers love the beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms at this condo. This 3-star condo features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and a spa tub.
- Kona Reef Resort - This 3-star condo features an outdoor pool, free parking, and a spa tub. Expedia customers love its quiet location and spacious, clean rooms.
Top places to visit in the area include Pu'uhonua o Honaunau National Historical Park, located 16 mi (25.7 km) from the city center, and Captain Cook Monument, which is 11.6 mi/18.7 km away.
Dressing for Historic Kailua Village
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 66°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 86°F, while the average at night is 68°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 72°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 67°F
- Historic Kailua Village gets about 11.93 inches of rain per year
- Usually September and August are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 66°F