Lift out of service on last day of stay
Posted Jul 8, 2013 on Hotels
1. Breakfast: Good spread and high quality food. Some of the food was claimed to be halaal but there was no separate kitchen to prepare it and the non halaal food. So Muslim guest, please be aware of this. There were a number of halaal restaurants around the hotel if you want to eat halaal food.
2. Iron and ironing board: these two items were not available in the hotel; not even to borrow. Put these items in common area. It could be chained to the wall if the hotel worries that it be stolen.
3. Rooms; some of the rooms are windowless. Request for room with window if you are claustrophobic or book a deluxe room.
4. I stayed for three nights there. However on the last day at about lunch time, the lift suddenly went out of order. This made carrying down luggage from higher floors really difficult. The weight of the luggage, the small space and the dark surrounding of the stairs made it hazardous to move down. I really hope it will not happened again.
5. The distance to Benh Thanh Market is really short, only about 5 minutes walk.
6. The hotel staffs were friendly and helpful but you need to talk in English slowly to get your message across. However don't let them keep your passport during the hotel stay. They tried to do that to us and i did'nt allow it.
7. Cleanliness of the hotel: Rooms 303 and 306 were so so. I could still see hair on the floor when i checked in.
8. Hotel amenities: there was refrigerator in the room but no tea-making facilities.