Get an overview of this hotelLuxury lodge with 2 outdoor pools and free breakfast
Popular property highlights
Situated in the mountains, this luxury lodge is 12.2 mi (19.6 km) from Khamai Reptile Centre and within 20 mi (32 km) of Jessica the Hippo and The Shoe Caves Gallery and Museum. Siyafunda Conservation and Echo Caves are also within 25 mi (40 km).
Along with 2 outdoor pools, this lodge has a restaurant and a bar/lounge. Free English breakfast, free WiFi in public areas, and free self parking are also provided. Additionally, a business center, a meeting room, and concierge services are onsite.
All rooms are individually decorated and offer pillowtop beds and ceiling fans. Other amenities that guests will find include Egyptian cotton sheets and coffee makers.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Shikwari Game Reserve
Shikwari Game Reserve features 2 outdoor swimming pools. The lodge offers a restaurant. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. A complimentary breakfast is offered. A computer station is located on site and wireless Internet access is complimentary.
This 4-star property offers access to a business center and a meeting room. This luxury lodge also offers a library, a terrace, and tour/ticket assistance. For a surcharge, the property provides a roundtrip airport shuttle (available on request) and an area shuttle. Complimentary self parking is available on site.
Shikwari Game Reserve has designated areas for smoking.
- Total number of rooms - 9
- Number of floors - 1
- Barbecue grill(s)
- Business center
- Free breakfast
- Concierge services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Front desk (limited hours)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Designated smoking areas
- Pool umbrellas
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free WiFi
- Number of outdoor pools - 2
- Computer station
- One meeting room
- Luggage storage
- Pool sun loungers
- Free self parking
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Laundry facilities
- Year Built 2001
- Number of buildings/towers - 11
- Wedding services
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking
- Premium bedding
- Access via exterior corridors
- Ceiling fan
- Coffee/tea maker
- Electric kettle
- Daily housekeeping
- Pillowtop mattress
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
Where to Eat
Guests are offered a complimentary English breakfast. An additional breakfast (subject to charges) is served daily.
Shikwari Dining Room - This poolside bistro specializes in international cuisine and serves breakfast and dinner. Guests can order drinks at the bar and enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting). Reservations are required. Open daily.
Nearby Things to Do
2 outdoor swimming pools are on site.
Children under 12 years old are not allowed in the swimming pool without adult supervision.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Rafting nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Mountain biking on site
- Game viewing on site
- Game drive on site
- Safari nearby
- Cave exploring/spelunking nearby
- Ziplining nearby
- Boat tours nearby
- Hot stone massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-in time starts at 2:30 PM
Check-in time ends at 6 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 10 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for ZAR 250 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
Only service animals are allowed
No cribs (infant beds) available
- Christmas Eve (24 December) Gala Dinner per adult: ZAR 350.00
- Christmas Eve (24 December) Gala Dinner per child: ZAR 150.00 (from 10 to 12 years old)
- New Year's Eve (31 December) Gala Dinner per adult: ZAR 350.00
- New Year's Eve (31 December) Gala Dinner per child: ZAR 150.00 (from 10 to 12 years old)
- Airport shuttle transfer per adult: ZAR 400 (one way)
- Airport shuttle fee: ZAR 800.00 per person (roundtrip)
- Airport shuttle fee per child: ZAR 400.00 (roundtrip), (from 3 to 12 years old)
- Late check-out fee: ZAR 300
- Rollaway bed fee: ZAR 250 per night
- Shikwari Bush Lodge & Pangolin Bush Camp
- Shikwari Bush Lodge & Pangolin Bush Camp Hoedspruit
- Shikwari Bush Pangolin Bush Camp
- Shikwari Bush Pangolin Bush Camp Hoedspruit
- Shikwari Game Reserve Country House Hoedspruit
- Shikwari Game Reserve Country House
- Shikwari Game Reserve Hoedspruit
- Shikwari Game Reserve
- Shikwari Game Reserve Lodge Hoedspruit
- Shikwari Game Reserve Lodge
- Shikwari Bush Lodge Pangolin Bush Camp
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details 72 hours prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Reservations are required for spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the lodge prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. Some facilities may have restricted access. Guests can contact the property for details using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World.
Quality Graded by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa (TGCSA) – South Africa's official quality assurance organization.