Your health & safety is our main concern. We're receiving many inquiries from folks looking for a safer alternative to air travel, to escape city crowds, & to connect with family in fresh air & wide open spaces of rural Michigan.
WHAT WE’RE DOING:
1. Our masked & gloved staff use clean set of clothes & follow CDC guidelines for deep cleaning & disinfecting all surfaces & airing out entire home & using airborne sanitizers
2. Maintain private outdoor hot tub & swimming pool with optimal chemical balance for your health & safety.
3. Offering the option to do virtual check ins.
4. Contact owner re:
- grocery/supplies deliveries
- discounts on longer stays
DESIRED TRAVEL DATES NOT AVAILABLE?
No worries. Contact owner to be placed on waiting list.
HOST YOUR PRIVATE WEDDING, EVENT, OR RETREAT FOR FREE! Written permission required. Event fees may already be included - ask owner for details. Ask how we can help you host/plan your special event including corporate & wellness retreats of all kinds.
OUR 2 OTHER LOCAL PROPERTIES:
If desired dates are unavailable, or if you have a large group, we have 2 other properties: ALLEGAN ACRES (#220605) & ALLEGAN FIELDS (#931668). All 3 properties sleep 67 guests total & have virtually the same amenities. ACRES & FIELDS: just around the corner from each other, & less than 5 minutes from ORCHARDS
ALLEGAN ORCHARDS: a luxe peaceful super-private rural retreat only 5 minutes to downtown Saugatuck, Douglas, Fennville, Lake MI beaches & sand dunes. Amenities: open modern kitchen, private outdoor heated pool & hot tub, indoor fireplace, outdoor fire pit, ping pong table, indoor/outdoor sound system, huge gaming basement. Local area: Saugatuck & Douglas ("Art Coast of MI"), an award-winning travel destination: restaurants, antiques, boating, fishing, hiking, golf, wineries, breweries, snow mobiling, cross-country skiing, snow shoeing, u-pick orchards, and so much more!
CONCIERGE-STYLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AT All 3 ALLEGAN PROPERTIES:
- Owned/managed by Rick, a local resident
- Your ousekeeper, Yolanda, greets you upon arrival, checks you in, & explains everything
- You’ll get a binder (hard-copy & emailed) explaining everything
- Both Yolanda & Rick are on-call if you need anything during your stay
OUR AWESOME LOCATION - THE ART COAST OF MICHIGAN: Saugatuck/Douglas/Fennville
Private, 3-acre spectacular vacation destination with great views of surrounding landscape & farm land with no neighbors in sight. Complete privacy coupled with close proximity to all 3 neighboring towns. You may never want to leave the compound, but there’s tons to do in the area. Take a short drive on scenic country roads (never any traffic) & in less than 10 minutes you’ll be in the heart of downtown Saugatuck, Douglas, or Fennville & the stunning, award-winning Lake MI dunes & beaches. These charming towns offer huge variety of attractions & activities including restaurants, bars, coffee shops, boutique shopping, antiques, art galleries, groceries, museums, theater, live music, historic sights, golf, tennis, boating & water sports, fishing, hiking, cycling, cross-country skiing, day spas, med spas, & so much more! Allegan County includes all 3 towns – an area known as the 'Art Coast of Michigan' because of its thriving arts scene.
ALLEGAN ORCHARDS is also located within 5 Orchards
3. Virtue Cider Tasting Room & Orchards
4. Antiques shopping
5. Fresh farm stands
6. Summerhouse Lavender Farm
7. Many others!
Every amenity one could desire from a vacation rental, & much more. This gorgeous 4,600 square foot house, situated on beautifully landscaped, private 3-acre property, is tastefully decorated with an eclectic blend of antiques, contemporary, & midcentury modern furniture.
- Heated in-ground swimming pool
- Outdoor hot tub open year-round
- Outdoor fire pit
- Outdoor Gazebo
- Modern open eat-in kitchen & separate dining room, 25 people inside & even more outside
- Easy-to-use gas fireplace in living room
- Great views of pool, backyard, & surrounding farmland
- Stereo system, speakers throughout interior & exterior of the home
- Wireless internet & cable TV
- 2 55” LED flat-screen SMART TV's
- Media room in finished basement has a 55” LED flat-screen SMART TV, comfortable sofa sectional seating & full bathroom
- 3-season screened-in porch
- 2nd bonus kitchenette off of outdoor pool area
- Ambient, dimmable light fixtures throughout main floor
- Dual-zone central A/C (separate A/C upstairs to keep you cool in summer)
- Radiant heat floors in main floor bathrooms
- Partially-finished huge basement features ping pong table & gaming area stocked with games
- In-ground heated swimming pool
- Pool chairs & loungers, rafts, luxury jumbo noodles, pool/beach towels
- 6-8 person hot tub
- Fire pit with Adirondack chairs – perfect for bonfires & s’mores
- Gas grill (propane provided)
- Large dining deck seats 24 people & offers spectacular farmland views
- Other dining areas: under gazebo & picnic table
- Complete privacy created by combo of trees & surrounding farm land - there’s literally not a neighbor in sight!
- Ample stretches of lawn for games.
- Selection of lawn games ebbs & flows depending on availability & which games our guests leave behind after their stay. Bring games you love & you’re welcome to leave any behind for others to enjoy.
MASTER SUITE: main floor sleeps 2:
- King bed, optional 2-zone mattress heating pad
- Large en-suite master bath with walk-in shower, separate large Jacuzzi-style bathtub, radiant heat floor.
- Walk-out balcony, bistro table & chairs offers gorgeous views
- Huge walk-in closet, ceiling fan, 2 bedside tables, reading lamps, chair
BEDROOMS 2 & 3 both on main floor, both sleep 2:
- Queen bed, with optional 2-zone mattress heating pad
- Ceiling fan, bedside tables, reading lamps, chair, closet
DEN/BEDROOM: main floor sleeps 2
- Queen sleeper sofa, unusually comfy upgraded memory foam mattress
- Windowed door with privacy blinds, bedside tables, reading lamps, chair, closet
LOFT BEDROOM on 2nd floor sleeps 7
- Large loft space has 3 queen beds, optional 2-zone mattress heating pads
- 1 twin bed
- Full en-suite bathroom, shower/tub combo
- All beds with bedside tables, reading lamps
MEDIA ROOM in finished part of basement sleeps 2
- Queen sleeper sectional sofa, unusually comfy upgraded memory foam mattress
- Privacy door can be used to separate itself from the rest of basement
- Full en-suite bathroom, walk-in glass shower, lots of towel & robe hooks
- Bedside tables, reading lamps, mod bean-bag style lounge chairs, full size dresser
BASEMENT SLEEPING AREA in partially-finished area of basement sleeps 6
- 2 sleep on queen bed with optional 2-zone mattress heating pad
- 4 sleep on 2 twin bunkbeds (total of 4 traditional twin mattresses)
- Open-style closet, ample hooks, hangers, dressers
BASEMENT BEDROOM in partially-finished area of basement sleeps 2
- Queen bed with optional 2-zone mattress heating pad
- Bedside tables, reading lamps, chair, closet, window, privacy door
MASTER described above
BATH 2: main floor between bedrooms 2 & 3
- Full bath, Jacuzzi-style tub/shower combo, radiant heat flooring, 2 separate sink/vanities.
BATH 3: full bath described above, in loft
BATH 4: full bath described above, in media room
BATH 5: half-bath, main floor near kitchen
BATH 6: half-bath off garage, next to 2nd bonus kitchen & backyard - easy access to pool & hot tub!
EAT-IN OPEN KITCHEN:
- Spacious, modern, fully-equipped open eat-in kitchen
- Corian counter tops
- Island counter with 2nd prep sink
- Huge walk-in pantry
- Seating for 17: 12 on dining table & 5 @ counter bar stools
- Kitchen sink windows: views of backyard, pool, surrounding farmland
- Exterior door opens to outdoor dining deck (on same level as kitchen – no stairs) seats 24
- Located just off kitchen, next to screened-in porch
- Seats 10-12
- Room opens to backyard/pool & screened-in porch, so you can open both doors & enjoy fantastic cross-breeze!
- Located between main eat-in kitchen & 2nd bonus kitchen, for easy cooking & serving
- Ample seating: 2 sofas, 2 sitting chairs, extra bean bag chairs
- 55” LED flat-screen SMART TV
- Easy-to-use gas fireplace
- Built-in cabinets house stereo & volume controls for speakers throughout in & out of home
- Patio doors open out to outdoor dining deck which seats 24
2ND BONUS KITCHENETTE:
- Galley kitchen conveniently located just off ackyard/pool area
- Door connects indoor & outdoor spaces, making outdoor prep & serving easy
- Connects to interior of house, so can also be used as additional prep & clean-up space
- Doesn’t include oven, stove, or dishwasher, but has sink, fridge, & lots of cabinets
- 3-season room located off dining room
- Outdoor sofa sectional, retro/mod glider sofa/bench, side chairs, side tables
- 2-car garage, large driveway, ample parking
- Laundry room on main floor, washer/dryer, ironing board
ALLEGAN ORCHARDS is the perfect choice for friends/family vacations/reunions, weddings, business retreats, wellness retreats, custom-tailored & themed retreats of all kinds, and other special events. We specialize in helping you host & plan your special event!
If you would like to host a wedding or other event for more than 24 people, or a retreat of any size, please contact me directly to discuss details.
Our goal is simple: we want you to have such a great vacation experience at ALLEGAN ORCHARDS that you will want to tell others and return again & again!