Travelers to Honolulu give high marks for the beaches, shopping, and local tours. This city also attracts tourists with its Chinatown and monuments. Top sights in the city include Iolani Palace, Aloha Tower, and Hawaii State Capitol.
- There are 1731 hotels and other accommodations in Honolulu
- The closest major airport is in Honolulu, HI (HNL-Daniel K. Inouye Intl.), 4.1 mi (6.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Kapolei, HI (JRF-Kalaeloa), 13.4 mi (21.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Honolulu
Cultural venues in the city include Hawaii Theater, Neal S. Blaisdell Center, and Honolulu Museum of Art. Attractions like Honolulu Zoo and Waikiki Aquarium are fun for everyone, not just kids. Its Chinatown and monuments are notable and landmarks include Iolani Palace, Aloha Tower, and King Kamehameha Statue.
In Honolulu, you'll find 1731 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Ritz-Carlton Residences, Waikiki Beach - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Waikiki can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and 4 restaurants, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Halekulani - Our customers like the beach locale and overall value at this resort. This 5-star resort in Waikiki features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants, and an outdoor pool.
- Real Select Vacations at The Ritz-Carlton Residences, Waikiki Beach - This 5-star resort in Waikiki features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and room size.
Other favorite sights in Honolulu include Hawaii State Capitol, Honolulu Harbor, and Ala Moana Center. Top places to see in the area include Aloha Stadium, 6.2 mi/10 km from the city center, and USS Arizona Memorial, which is 6.4 mi/10.3 km away.
Dressing for Honolulu
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 66°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 88°F, while the average at night is 69°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 74°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 88°F and nighttime averages of 67°F
- Honolulu gets about 16.84 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and September are the hottest months with an average of 89°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 66°F