Get an overview of this hotelCosmopolitan ambience in historic Houston building
Popular property highlights
Built in 1911 as a bank, this stately downtown building—reborn as a trendsetting hotel in 2004—has a prime location in Houston's entertainment district, with easy access to a light-rail stop.
Hotel ICON Autograph Collection is home to a Houston hotspot: LINE & LARIAT restaurant and lounge.
Wireless internet and style
Guestrooms at Hotel ICON Autograph Collection offer plasma TVs and complimentary wireless/wired Internet access. Beds have pillowtop mattresses and down duvets; bathrooms include rainfall showerheads.
- Central location
- Helpful staff
- Guestroom size
- Nice bathrooms
Hotel ICON Autograph Collection
Ranked on the Condé Nast Top 100 List in 2006 and renovated in June of 2012, Hotel ICON Autograph Collection is an iconic and luxurious landmark hotel. The two-level lobby, known as the Colonnade, is an opulent gathering place with intricately carved ceiling, arched windows, 30-foot columns, and sitting areas with cherry-red and moss-green velvet chairs. Behind the front desk, the original bank-vault door from 1911 is a monument to the building's past.
The 24-hour fitness center has top-tier exercise equipment, 100-year-old wide-plank flooring, and vintage brick walls. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access is available in the lobby. The hotel boasts a 24-hour business center with 6 boardrooms accommodating audio-visual equipment including plasma-screen TVs with videoconferencing capability.
LINE & LARIAT restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The LINE & LARIAT lounge is known for stylish crowds and its cocktail selection, which integrates a variety of infused liquors.
Hotel ICON Autograph Collection offers valet secure cover parking only (surcharge) and parking is also available nearby (surcharge). Complimentary shuttle service is available to locations within 3 miles. Hotel ICON is a pet-friendly hotel. Please note that the property is smoke-free and fines apply for violations of this policy.
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Conference space
- Meeting rooms 7
- Total number of rooms - 135
- Express check-in
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Number of floors - 12
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Year Built 1911
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Free WiFi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Luggage storage
- Multilingual staff
- Number of meeting rooms - 5
- Free area shuttle
- 24-hour business center
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Television in common areas
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Free newspaper
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free bottled water
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Cable TV service
- Pillowtop mattress
- Iron/ironing board
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Daily housekeeping
- Room service (limited hours)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
Where to Eat
Line & Lariat - restaurant serving special dishes reflecting the taste of Texas’ coast, waterways, farms and ranches savours. Open for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner.
Line & Lariat Lounge - Bar serving cocktails along with a selection of regional draught beers and fine wines.
The Wine Vault - Private dining room for up to 30. Antique bronze doors from a French wine cellar, barrel-vaulted ceiling of inlaid brick, thousands of vintages artfully displayed. Picture window can be frosted for privacy or clear for a view of the pastry chef at work.
Room service is available from 6 AM to 11 PM.
Nearby Things to Do
The hotel's 24-hour fitness center contains cardio machines with flat-screen monitors; Cybex, Precor, and Nautilus circuit training; a free-weight area with large plasma-screen TVs, and bottles of chilled water.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 18 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 20.00 per stay.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 100 per accommodation, per stay, plus a deposit of USD 100.00 per stay
- Dogs and cats only
- 1 per room (up to 35 lb)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Deposit: USD 100.00 per night
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 19.99 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 33.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet deposit: USD 100.00 per stay
- Pet fee: USD 100 per accommodation, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20.00 per stay
- Hotel ICON Autograph Collection
- Hotel ICON Autograph Collection Houston
- ICON Autograph Collection
- ICON Autograph Collection Houston
We should mention
Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.