Get an overview of this hotelCosmopolitan ambience in historic Houston building
+VIP Access™ Hotel
Our customers receive consistently exceptional service at these hotels.See details
Built in 1911 as a bank, this stately downtown building—reborn as a trendsetting hotel in 2004—has a prime location in Houston's entertainment district, with easy access to a light-rail stop.
Hotel ICON Autograph Collection is home to a Houston hotspot: LINE & LARIAT restaurant and lounge.
Wireless internet and style
Guestrooms at Hotel ICON Autograph Collection offer plasma TVs and complimentary wireless/wired Internet access. Beds have pillowtop mattresses and down duvets; bathrooms include rainfall showerheads.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Hotel ICON Autograph Collection
Renovations & Closures
Ranked on the Condé Nast Top 100 List in 2006 and renovated in June of 2012, Hotel ICON Autograph Collection is an iconic and luxurious landmark hotel. The two-level lobby, known as the Colonnade, is an opulent gathering place with intricately carved ceiling, arched windows, 30-foot columns, and sitting areas with cherry-red and moss-green velvet chairs. Behind the front desk, the original bank-vault door from 1911 is a monument to the building's past.
The 24-hour fitness center has top-tier exercise equipment, 100-year-old wide-plank flooring, and vintage brick walls. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access is available in the lobby. The hotel boasts a 24-hour business center with 6 boardrooms accommodating audio-visual equipment including plasma-screen TVs with videoconferencing capability.
LINE & LARIAT restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The LINE & LARIAT lounge is known for stylish crowds and its cocktail selection, which integrates a variety of infused liquors.
Hotel ICON Autograph Collection offers valet secure cover parking only (surcharge) and parking is also available nearby (surcharge). Complimentary shuttle service is available to locations within 3 miles. Hotel ICON is a pet-friendly hotel. Please note that the property is smoke-free and fines apply for violations of this policy.
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Conference space
- Meeting rooms 7
- Total number of rooms - 135
- Express check-in
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Number of floors - 12
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Year Built 1911
- Wedding services
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Free WiFi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Luggage storage
- Multilingual staff
- Free area shuttle
- 24-hour business center
- Number of meeting rooms - 5
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Television in common areas
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Free newspaper
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free bottled water
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Iron/ironing board
- Cable TV service
- Pillowtop mattress
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Daily housekeeping
- Room service (limited hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
Where to Eat
Line & Lariat - restaurant serving special dishes reflecting the taste of Texas’ coast, waterways, farms and ranches savours. Open for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner.
Line & Lariat Lounge - Bar serving cocktails along with a selection of regional draught beers and fine wines.
The Wine Vault - Private dining room for up to 30. Antique bronze doors from a French wine cellar, barrel-vaulted ceiling of inlaid brick, thousands of vintages artfully displayed. Picture window can be frosted for privacy or clear for a view of the pastry chef at work.
Room service is available from 6 AM to 11 PM.
Nearby Things to Do
The hotel's 24-hour fitness center contains cardio machines with flat-screen monitors; Cybex, Precor, and Nautilus circuit training; a free-weight area with large plasma-screen TVs, and bottles of chilled water.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 18 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 100 per accommodation, per stay, plus a deposit of USD 100.00 per stay
- Dogs and cats only
- 1 per room (up to 35 lb)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Deposit: USD 100.00 per night
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 19.99 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 33.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet deposit: USD 100.00 per stay
- Pet fee: USD 100 per accommodation, per stay
- Hotel ICON Autograph Collection
- Hotel ICON Autograph Collection Houston
- ICON Autograph Collection
- ICON Autograph Collection Houston
We should mention
Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.