Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelHistoric, modernized high rise in downtown Houston
Popular property highlights
Housed in a 1926 building, this renovated high-rise hotel is in the downtown historic district of Houston, within 8 blocks of theaters, sports arenas, and the George R. Brown Convention Center. The Galleria Mall, the Minute Maid Park or the Toyota Center are nearby.
Complimentary area shuttle
Served in the mezzanine-level Magnolia Club, complimentary cookies and milk buffet. An outdoor pool and a complimentary area shuttle are available.
Deep soaking tubs
Guestrooms have high ceilings, stocked minibars, beds with down duvets, and marble-and-granite bathrooms with deep soaking tubs and robes. High-speed Internet is complimentary.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
Magnolia Hotel Houston, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel
In the downtown historic district, this Houston high rise is four blocks from theaters and within eight blocks of sports venues and the George R. Brown Convention Center. The hotel provides complimentary Suburban-vehicle transportation within three miles, 7 AM–11 PM (subject to availability).
The Magnolia Club, the hotel's "great room" on the mezzanine level, features a 24-hour business center, library, plasma-screen TV, restaurant, and lounge. The club is the setting for a complimentary cookies and milk buffet. Wireless Internet access is also complimentary in the lounge and lobby.
A 24-hour fitness center has an array of equipment, and a rooftop lap pool is surrounded by a sunny terrace with a 360-degree city view.
- Rooftop terrace
- 24-hour front desk
- Conference space
- Billiards or pool table
- Express check-out
- Meeting rooms 8
- Year Built 1926
- Coffee shop or café
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Outdoor pool
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Computer station
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 929
- Free area shuttle
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour business center
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 10000
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Conference center
- Laundry facilities
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Total number of rooms - 314
- Number of floors - 23
- Wedding services
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Multilingual staff
- Fireplace in lobby
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Iron/ironing board
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Shower/tub combination
- Private bathroom
- In-room massage available
- Room service (limited hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Pillowtop mattress
- LCD TV
- Satellite TV service
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
Where to Eat
Complimentary cookie-and-milk buffet, with a variety of freshly baked cookies, is served every night from 8-10 PM.
The Lounge - American fare. Cocktail bar. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Bar open until late evening.
Club Bar - serves lunch, dinner, and drinks.
Nearby Things to Do
A sunny terrace with a spectacular 360-degree city view and teakwood chairs surrounds the rooftop lap pool and tiled spa tub. Open 24 hours, the fitness center includes cardio equipment and free weights; the cushioned flooring makes for a comfortable and quiet workout.
Memorial Park, 4.5 miles from the hotel, offers myriad recreational opportunities including an exercise trail, bird watching, sand volleyball courts, a tennis center, playing fields, and picnic facilities. Within the park are a public golf course with a lighted driving range, putting greens, and a clubhouse.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Pets stay free
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- Deposit: USD 100.00
- Breakfast fee: between USD 5 and USD 15 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 33 per night (in/out privileges)
- Refrigerator fee: USD 25 per stay
- Houston Magnolia Hotel
- Magnolia Hotel
- Magnolia Houston Tribute Portfolio
- Magnolia Houston
- Magnolia Hotel Houston a Tribute Portfolio Hotel
- Magnolia Hotel Houston Tribute Portfolio Hotel
We should mention
This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties. Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.