Recommendation with caveats
Posted May 30, 2011
This is my second stay at this hotel and it is a mixed bag. As my three day stay progressed, I started a journal of the good and the bad with the intend of sharing.
Let's begin with the good:
1) The absolute best towels and washrags I've come across in this price range hotel. Clean, white, fluffy, and soft.
2) Then the hot water in the shower. Lots of it and quickly. I was able to let it beat on a sore muscle for a bit and still had hot water.
Now to the issues that were not pleasant:
1) The hot and cold were reversed on the shower handle. Only a crisis the first time, but irratating.
2) Coffee from the first trip was just OK. Coffee this trip was pretty bad. I don't know what the difference was, but it changed.
3) My room had an adjoining room door and I had neighbors. No noise deflection at all. They talked loudly and it was like they were in my room shouting. Made it hard to sleep.
4) The television channels are very limited. Not a normal package, but with four HBO channels.
5) Breakfast was a big disappointment. First morning, eggs were hard and dry as rocks. Gravy was runny and so salty it ruined the other food. Second morning, switching to cereal was the plan ... no milk. The manager was bringing some "later" as if that would be sufficient.
I've rated overall at 4 out of 5 because the room was clean and odor free with great hot water and towels. I can get breakfast somewhere else, but can't shower elsewhere.