Get an overview of this hotelBusiness-friendly hotel near Houston Astros' ballpark
Popular property highlights
Located in downtown Houston's revitalized historical district, this 200-room hotel sits diagonally across the street from the Astros' ballpark.
Guests of the Westin Houston Downtown walk or take complimentary shuttles (3-mile radius) to downtown Houston attractions such as George R. Brown Convention Center (4 blocks), Minute Maid Baseball Park (1 block), BBVA Compass Stadium (5 blocks), or the Houston Toyota Center (6 blocks).
Sleep, work comfort
Enjoy traditional charm and inspiring views in any of the 200 guest rooms and suites, featuring 14-foot ceilings and ceiling fans. Work at the modern desk or relax on the leather furniture. Get a blissful night’s rest on a Westin Heavenly Bed®, and refresh with premium bath amenities.
- Spotless guestrooms
- High-quality beds
- Central location
- Helpful staff
- Overall room comfort
- Parking wasn't ideal
The Westin Houston Downtown
This Houston hotel offers a complimentary 24-hour fitness center with cardio equipment and weight machines. Amenities for business travelers include a computer station in the lobby and complimentary WiFi in public areas.
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Meeting rooms 5
- Express check-in
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 200
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Television in common areas
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Coffee shop or café
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Free WiFi
- Computer station
- Number of floors - 12
- Conference space size (meters) - 539
- 24-hour business center
- Conference space size (feet) - 5800
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Free area shuttle
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Smoke-free property
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 9.95 per stay )
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Room service (24 hours)
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling fan
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free weekday newspaper
- Free bottled water
- Coffee/tea maker
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Shower/tub combination
- Pillowtop mattress
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Flat-panel TV
Where to Eat
Ballpark Café - Informal restaurant with booths, tables, cove ceiling, fresh flowers. Breakfast buffet and à la carte menu. À la carte lunch/dinner menu with choices such as crab cakes, Texas chili, sandwiches, salads, burgers, omelets, steaks, seafood, pasta, chicken.
Ballpark Bar - Atrium bar/lounge with plasma TV. Open mid-afternoon to late night.
Vic and Anthony's Steakhouse - Offers fresh seafood and prime beef dishes complimentary by an extensive wine list.
Nearby Things to Do
For a daily discounted charge, guests may use the YMCA, which includes a swimming pool and squash/racquetball courts and is located six blocks from the hotel. The nearest golf course, Wildcat Municipal Golf Course, is eight miles away.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets stay free
- Dogs only
- 1 per room (up to 40 lb)
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
No rollaway/extra beds available
No cribs (infant beds) available
Pets allowed (no fees)
Parking height restrictions apply
Please note: Ice chests are permitted in guestrooms only if required for special medical or dietary needs.
- Breakfast fee: USD 19 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.95 per stay (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 32.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Houston Downtown Westin
- Westin Hotel Houston Downtown
- Westin Houston Downtown
- Westin Houston Downtown Hotel
- At The Ballpark Houston
- Inn At The Ballpark Hotel Houston
- Hotel At The Ballpark
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.