Visiting Hualien City
Visitors to Hualien City are sure to enjoy the local tours and coffeehouses. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks and temples. A top sight in the area is Taroko National Park.
- You'll find 655 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Hualien
- The closest major airport is in Hualien (HUN), 2.1 mi (3.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Hualien City
Cultural venues in the city include Tzu Chi Cultural Park, Pine Garden, and Hualien County Stone Sculpture Museum. Notable city landmarks like Tianhuitang and Yenpin Prefectural Temple might be worth a visit. The city's natural beauty is on display at Meilunshanshengtai Park, Hualien Railway Culture Park, and Beibin Park.
In Hualien City, there are 387 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Pure B&B - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Hualien City Centre can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Timia - Our customers like the bathrooms and location at this guesthouse. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star guesthouse in Hualien City Centre can enjoy access to a terrace and free WiFi.
- Ediman Bed and Breakfast - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star guesthouse in Hualien City Centre can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with a private balcony. Expedia customers like its overall value and central location.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Taroko National Park, 11.1 mi/17.9 km from the center of the city.
Getting Around Hualien City
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Hualien Station. Hualien City might not have very many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Hualien City
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 74°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 54°F
- From April to June, the average is 88°F during the day and 62°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 71°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 83°F as the daytime average and 54°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Hualien City is 1.85 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 54°F